Amending a Birth
record to include the father’s name
Can a father of a child who is not married to
the mother of the child have his name placed on that child’s birth
The father of a child who is desirous of having his name placed on the
child’s birth certificate can do so.
What are the requirements?
The following documents must be produced:
- A signed declaration by both mother and father of the child - these
declarations are obtained from the Registration Department.
- Marriage certificate - if parents are married to each other.
- Birth certificate (s) of child/ children
- Identification of both parents
- Sworn declaration by child/children over eighteen (18) years.
How long does the process take?
The insertion of a father’s name on the birth certificate of a
child is done the same day.
How much would it cost to have the father’s
name inserted on a child’s birth certificate?
This service is free of cost. You only pay for a new birth certificate.